Weight: 26 pounds 8 ounces Length: 32 inches
As always Dr Hirsh checked Aiden's heart beat but this time she heard something to be concerned about.... a heart murmur. She referred AJ to Pediatrics Cardiology at Children's Hospital for a second opinion so I made the soonest appointment available on January 12th.
I had never heard of a heart murmur so I researched it online as soon as we got home. I learned that murmurs may be caused by a number of factors or diseases, including the following:
◦defective heart valves
◦holes in the interior heart walls (atrial septal defect or ventricular septal defect)
◦surgical repair of congenital (present at birth) heart defects
Right away I freaked out and I wondered if all murmurs signify heart disease? I kept reading and found out that this is not always the case. Sometimes, a murmur may be heard in a normal child who has a fever or who is anemic; these murmurs often go away when the underlying problem is treated. Some children have what is known as an innocent murmur. These murmurs are not related to congenital heart defects, and usually resolve by the time a child reaches adulthood.
I am praying for the best!!!!
Cut & paste this link to find out more about Heart Murmurs: (//www.childrensdmc.org/healthlibrary/gettreebysubtopic.aspx?ContentTypeID=90&ContentID=P01806&request=heartdetail )

I had a hear murmur as a child but it corrected itself.
ReplyDeleteI, too, had a heart murmur as a child, and it's not there anymore. Try not to worry.
ReplyDeleteInformation is the 1st step - and thank goodness for the internet! I've had my moments of concern/panic over certain health/medical issues, and the internet repository has been invaluable. My prayers will be added to yours.
ReplyDeleteHis growth rate/weight, etc. sounds good. Very handsome lad and such an outgoing personality.
ReplyDelete