A first I thought he was having nightmares or teething. He calmed down as soon as I picked him up. I tried to return him to his crib but he refused so I laid him in my bed.
This has happened every night since then. Each night Aiden cuddles beside me, face to face, positions both of his hands on opposite sides of my face and then and only then, he falls asleep. After two weeks of this I began to think that AJ is not teething or having nightmares. He simply wants to sleep in my bed. On one particular night I decided not to allow this to continue. I reasoned that I was ruining his sleep training by giving in to his demands. I figured that I was doing more harm than good so I put him back in his crib to self soothe himself. 2 minutes later he jumped out of his crib (for the first time) and put himself in my bed. I guess he told me.

i swear you and I have similar parenting journeys when it comes to certain things (i.e. sleeping, nursing, etc.). My son sleep patterns has taken a turn for the worse in the past week. He too liks to rub mommis face, stroke my hair, just something to soothe him to go to sleep. But now it canbe my bed or his bed...he just want another body near him. Its driving me nuts at night and I try not to give in but at the same time I need my rest. So goodluck with that and if you find a solution then text me! LOL.
ReplyDeleteAiden wants to make sure you don't go anywhere. Wow!! I wonder what the parenting books have to say about this? Oh, what do the books know? This picture is precious, and Aiden looks so peaceful. Who would want to disrupt this scene??
ReplyDeleteToo cute!! Everyone tells me that I'm creating a monster by letting Yorlee sleep with me but she's too sweet to put in her bed! I love sleeping with her.
ReplyDelete