Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mine-Itis

Does anyone know the cure for Mine-itis? Justin and Aiden caught it first months ago. It is begining to spread. Nathan caught it last week. He can't say the word mine but he snatches and steal toys while screaming....sounds like Mine-itis to me. The fighting and screaming is too much. They have plenty to play with but that is not good enough for them. Buying two or three of every toy does not work either. They still fight over the exact same toy because the other brouzin has it, in there hand, at the time. I've read that kids don't learn the concept of sharing until age 4 or 5. I can't wait that long. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get some good advice. I wonder if things will be different once we move and the boys are no longer together 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im not sure its a true cure for this. Donne goes thru that and I blamed it on him being the only child. on saturday it was about 10 kids at the house and he refused to share his basketball, even took it to the potty with him and sat it under the table when he ate. but i hear all kids go through this stage so just keep reiterating that they must share and make them share even if they throw a tantrum. sometimes i say NO ONE can have it and i take it from both kids and put the toy away. Shows them right! LOL.

    ReplyDelete