Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

To Wean or Not To Wean

My son is still hooked on "The Ninny". I set cut off deadlines each month with no success. It is easier said than done. Am I to blame? I feel guilt from the separation effects of my (pending) divorce. Aiden misses me while he spends time away with his father. He wants to nurse as soon as he comes home. Who am I to deny him the attention and connection he deserves? I too miss him and the bonding time that nursing provides.
I am determined to become emotionally stronger but listening to my baby cry after refusing to nurse him takes its toll on me. Hopefully he will make this easy on me and simply loose interest.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe this is not a good time to try to wean Aiden -- with the changes going on in his and your life. He needs to know that some things don't change. Why not wait six more months or so... I know of a family whose son nursed until he was nearly three years old! You both probably still need him to be nursing.

    ReplyDelete