I didn't think that AJ was ready to use the potty. Yes he tells me when he poops and squeezes his diaper when wet but he screams and kicks when I put him on the potty seat. I've read that boys take longer and are usually ready by age 3.
Training requires patience and energy. It's beginning to pay off. After weeks of sitting on the potty with no results, today he pooped and peed in the potty. Like I said before, both parents must be consistent to ensure success. I recently got more details from his dad and started to use his technique. It is making a difference.

1. You'll have to share the tricks when Ari is ready.
ReplyDelete2. You sound just like Verna when you write, "Aiden will only be successful when his parents work together." :-)
Umm, what techniques are those, inquiring minds wanna know? But yay AJ!!!
ReplyDelete