Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 21, 2011

Stomach Virus

Aiden caught a stomach virus last week. It started with vomiting then diarrhea. He stopped throwing up after day 2 but his diarrhea is still an issue... a nasty issue. DISGUSTING! I've tried putting water proof training pants over his diaper to keep it from oozing down his leg and onto the floor or my lap. That only works a fraction of the time. When will it end?
This virus is highly contagious Everyone that enters our home caught this same bug within less than a week. Stay away if you can.

3 comments:

  1. Carlene, this sounds horrible! I feel bad for you. In the meantime, read my food blog. I added some of my favorite recipes and will be doing restaurant reviews soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just Googled "foods for diarrhea." Some foods listed are toast, rice, bananas, plain noodles and boiled potatoes. Yogurt is also listed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joanne. I needed this reminder. The Dr. mentioned this diet but Aiden refused to eat in the beginning, so I gave up.

    I tried toast last night and he loved it (he normally isn't interested in toast). So far, no more diarrhea. Actually, all 3 brouzins enjoyed the toast. I was pleasantly surprised because there are only a couple of foods that all 3 like to eat. We are going to have pasta for lunch. I hope this works.

    ReplyDelete